New Product Introduction
Fourstar engages with you early in the design process to optimize new product introduction (NPI) quality, efficiency, and performance. We offer expert cable assembly engineering services, and in partnership with your design team, can help you select the appropriate connector families and wire and cable styles to meet all regulatory and workmanship standards, such as RoHS compliance and IPC-620B.
Collaborating with Fourstar
No doubt you have vetted all the variables for your concept launch and scope. During your business and market analysis (only one of many crucial steps required to get your product from inception to delivery), you may have discovered you need help through the development and manufacturing stages of the new product introduction process.
Fourstar is aware that each step is integrally linked to its predecessor and is as critical as the next. Projections like cost-effective production and assembly can’t even be considered if product concept is not vetted at the onset or later, validated during testing.
Business & Marketing Analysis
Companies often need help with their NPI for different reasons. Consider Fourstar as you answer the following:
- Is your design schematic on paper, or still in your head? Need help drafting it? Is it time to outsource?
- Can you make the prototype in-house? Do you prefer or need to outsource?
- Are the resources and manufacturing materials available in-house? Are you introducing new materials or resources into your supply chain?
Development and Manufacturing for NPI
Once you get to this phase in your new product introduction process, you may have realized that you want a solutions provider like Fourstar to collaborate with you to bring your new product to market. As your outsourcing partner, Fourstar will keep your new product development process on schedule and to specifications.
Some considerations of the development and manufacturing step of the new product development process are:
- Know all of your critical processes and material/tooling requirements
- Assess internal expertise and leverage it against your need to outsource for specialty disciplines
- Analyze your capacity to meet all regulatory compliances—especially new ones if entering a new market
- Ensure your design meets design for manufacturing (DFM) requirements
Our team can advise you on products conducive to advanced manufacturing processes such as fully automated lead processing and inkjet printing for wire identification. Designing in these parameters from project inception ensures the highest reliability and product performance, and enables you to maintain an optimal price point.
Fourstar has helped a variety of OEMs launch successful new product introductions. We’d love to help you find a better way for your next NPI initiative.